Table of Contents
- System Design
- Easy Maintenance
- Frizzlife WA99 Pros
- Frizzlife WA99 Cons
- You May Also be Interested In:
The Frizzlife WA99 is a complete countertop reverse osmosis water filtration system that scores very high in our rankings of the best countertop RO systems for people who want easy access to filtered water without any plumbing installation.
In our hands-on testing, the WA99 is easy to use, filters water effectively through 4 stages, and has a lot of nice features, including:
- No installation requirements except a power outlet, which means you can put it almost anywhere.
- Efficient 5:1 ratio of filtered water to wastewater using unique circular filtration process
- An integrated “smart” TDS meter that gives you constant feedback about the quality of your water.
- Simple controls for the amount of water you want
- Easy to manage water reservoir
Everything in the Frizzlife WA99 is contained in one sleek case that can sit on a counter, table, desk, shelf, night stand, or anywhere else.
You only need access to a power outlet and enough room to open the reservoir door on the top.
Now you can have easy access to clean, pure water anywhere in your home, office, or other indoor space!
The system has a few main components:
- One case that contains all of the parts
- A water reservoir bucket that you remove from the top and fill as needed with tap water
- An internal water reservoir that holds filtered water until you need it
- The water dispenser, control panel, and indicators on the front of the case
- The 4 replaceable filter stages inside the case that need to be changed every 6 to 12 months
- A power supply that requires a 110V outlet
There are two alternatives to a counter top water filter system like this one… Undersink water filters connect to your plumbing and can filter more water without the need to manually refill them. Whole house water filters will treat all of the water entering your home.
Four stages of water filtration (including reverse osmosis) remove up to 99.99% of over 1,000 contaminants, including lead, chlorine, fluoride, heavy metals, mercury, chloramine, chromium, arsenic, and radium.
Each stage is an independent filter that must be changed every 6 to 12 months.
The four filters/stages are:
- Stage 1: High-grade sediment filter that blocks fine debris and reduces particles such as sand, silt, and rust.
- Stage 2: Coconut carbon block filter reduces chlorine, organic chemicals, unpleasant taste, odors, cloudiness and color. Also removes VOCs and other common chemicals.
- Stage 3: USA-made reverse osmosis (RO) membrane filter that reduces water impurities down to 1/10000 microns in size.
- Stage 4: Granular coconut carbon filter further reduces organic compounds and polishes water for better taste.
Note that this (and any other RO system) can only improve hard water by a small amount. If you have very hard water or scale deposits, then you should consider a whole house water softener to solve this problem.
Bring your garden inside!
Efficiency and Selectable Output
The Frizzlife WA99 achieves a very good 5:1 ratio of filtered water to wastewater.
The system design incorporates a circular filtration process that re-filters the water as much as possible before an indicator lets you know to dump the wastewater stored in the reservoir bucket. Waste water containing the filtered contaminants is a normal part of the reverse osmosis process and should not be consumed.
Water output amounts can be selected by touching the control panel. The four options are:
- 150 mL (about 2/3 cup or 5 oz)
- 250 mL (just over 1 cup or 8.5 oz)
- 330 mL (1.4 cups or 11 oz)
- Continuous – The water will continue to flow until you touch the button to stop it or the internal reservoir is empty.
In our tests, the 330 mL option isn’t much more than the 250 mL option and we would have preferred a 500 mL (17 oz) option instead.
In total, the Frizzlife WA99 can hold 3 Liters (0.8 Gallons) of water before it will indicate that you should add more.
Another benefit of this powered system is the integrated “smart” TDS meter located on the front faceplate of the system case.
At all times, you know the TDS level of the water in the reservoir bucket and of the clean, filtered water coming out. TDS (or “Total Dissolved Solids”) is used as a general guide to how “pure” water is. 100% pure water would have a TDS of zero.
The Frizzlife WA99 will also show you the age and status of each of the four filter cartridges, so you know when the filters need to be replaced.
When the filters are due for replacement, the system will notify you and the TDS readings may increase as the aging filters become less effective.
WQA Certified to NSF/ANSI 58
The Frizzlife WA99 reverse osmosis water filtration system is WQA certified to NSF/ANSI 58.
This designation proves that the system is tested to comply with 3rd party requirements for materials, design and construction, and performance of reverse osmosis drinking water treatment systems.
Installation of the Frizzlife WA99 could not be easier!
The system comes pre-assembled with minimal steps required. Just unwrap it, attach the cup holder, and plug it in.
You can sit it on any flat surface where you can reach an outlet and access the top to refill the reservoir.
We installed our Frizzlife WA99 in the upstairs laundry room so that we can quickly get clean, pure water without going downstairs to the kitchen.
Save 30% on rugs with code SP30!
RugSource.com is the largest online resource of floor rugs!
Easy to Refill
Since the Frizzlife WA99 holds all of the water it uses without any plumbing connections, you will have to remove and refill the reservoir water bucket as often as is needed.
The bucket is 9 inches tall and fits easily into kitchen sinks, bath tubs, and even deeper bathroom sinks for refilling.
The reservoir bucket lifts easily and out of its place in the system and only fits back in one direction.
Filling the water reservoir is very simple…
- An indicator on the front panel will let you know when to refill
- Open the top cover and lift the heavy-duty water bucket out of the system
- Dump any remaining water (this is waste water produced by the RO process)
- Refill the pitcher to the MAX line and place it back in the system. Close the lid.
- The system will then automatically process the new water and store the filtered water in an internal tank until needed.
Quick Filter Changes
The four independent filtration stages in the Frizzlife WA99 are easy to replace in just seconds when indicated by the system.
You access the filters by opening the back panel of the system case. Next you use the included filter tool to twist out the old filter and then twist in the new filter. See the product manual or video above for the full filter replacement instructions.
Keep in mind that some filters will need to be replaced every six months to ensure efficient and effective water filtering. You will find links to purchase replacement filters at the end of this page.
Frizzlife WA99 Pros
- Reverse osmosis filtered water just about anywhere without any plumbing installation
- Very efficient with little waste water
- Smart TDS meter and filter life indicators
- Easy to manage and maintain
Frizzlife WA99 Cons
The WA99 is a great system but still has minor flaws:
- Takes up a lot of space on small counters (14″ deep and 11″ wide)
- Control buttons for water output can be too sensitive
- Does not chill water
This is one of the best countertop RO systems on the market today!
The Frizzlife WA99 is easy to manage, efficient, smart, and most importantly, does a great job filtering harmful chemicals out of your water.
If you want to put the power of 4 stages of water filtration (including reverse osmosis) anywhere there is a power outlet, then the Frizzlife WA99 is the system to get!
You May Also be Interested In:
Our top rated accessories for this or any other RO system will help you customize your installation!
Frizzlife WA99 Replacement Filters
You can refer back here to order replacement filters as necessary. It may help to order your Stage 1 and 2 filters now so you are ready when the filter indicator light turns on in about 6 months.
The Frizzlife WA99 system will show an indicator light on the front faceplate when a filter is nearing its end of life. That is the time to come back here and order the necessary replacement filter(s).
- The Stage 1 filter cartridge should be replaced once every 6 months
- The Stage 2 filter cartridge should be replaced once every 6 months
- The Stage 3 filter cartridge should be replaced once every 12 months
- The Stage 4 filter cartridge should be replaced once every 12 months
- You can buy the stages 1 and 2 together as a bundle
- Or you can buy a full one year set of all filters as a bundle (BEST VALUE!)