Table of Contents
- Waterdrop Filters
- Waterdrop G3 Reverse Osmosis System
- Waterdrop G2 P600 Reverse Osmosis System
- You may also be interested in:
Waterdrop makes a wide range of high quality water filters including:
- Undersink RO systems
- Countertop RO systems and filters
- Certified, 100% compatible refrigerator filters
We are big fans of the Waterdrop reverse osmosis filters and include hands-on reviews of few of our favorites here.
If you need more help deciding between the different Waterdrop filters, check out their Waterdrop RO system comparison blog post to see all of the Waterdrop RO systems reviewed head-to-head.
Waterdrop G3 Reverse Osmosis System
The Waterdrop G3 is a powerful NSF-certified undersink reverse osmosis system that provides excellent features, a sleek compact design, and lots of clean pure water for you and your family.
The seven stages include a sediment pre-filter containing three stages, a carbon post-filter, and a 0.0001μm RO membrane that effectively removes 99% of all harmful substances with three internal stages.
There are three big features that set the Waterdrop apart from competing systems:
While most undersink systems rely on a pressurized storage tank to hold filtered water, the Waterdrop filters the water on demand and without a tank. This means that it will keep producing when other systems will slow down to refill the tank. Plus, it takes up less space!
5x the daily output
With an internal pump and no storage tank, this system can produce up to 400 GPD (gallons per day) of filtered water compared to just 75-100 GPD from competing systems.
Real-time feedback on the quality of your water
When in use, an LCD ring on the faucet glows with different colors to show you the status of the filters.
At the same time, the front LCD panel on the filtration system reports the current TDS (total dissolved solids) level of the filtered water in real time. Any other system would need a 3rd party TDS meter to get the same information on water quality.
When you consider that the Waterdrop G3 takes up less space, produces more purified water, and gives better feedback than any other system, it should be near the top of your list!
The Waterdrop RO G3 has seven stages of filtration. They include:
- Three stages in the pre-filter
- Three stages in the RO filter, which is nearly 3x larger than most other brand’s RO filters
- One stage in the final carbon filter
Small size and easy install
While most competing systems are designed to allow for easy access of all internal system parts, Waterdrop has designed their entire system inside of a slim case (just 5.7” wide). While a case does not affect the function, it does make for a system that looks nice and sits up tall under the sink instead of requiring screws to mount it to a wall.
This makes for the easiest install of any undersink RO system!
All of the tubes and wires connect to well-marked ports on the back of the case.
Since it is tankless, the Waterdrop G3 system takes up about 50% less space than competing systems. If you don’t want an RO system and tank to fill up the space under your sink, this may appeal to you.
Even though this system is not available with a UV filtration stage, Waterdrop does not think it is necessary. The seven filtration stages and its tankless design effectively remove any microorganisms that may be present. Waterdrop believes that the storage tank included with most systems is actually a breeding ground for bacteria and that removing it gives you safer water.
Waterdrop installs a leak detector into the case by default, and most other systems don’t include one. If there ever was a leak, the detector will alert you before it can become an issue.
Super simple maintenance
The Waterdrop makes filter installation and changes super simple.
The three filters of different sizes slide right into the front of the system case. There is also no need to turn off the water supply or for any tools when replacing the filters – you simply twist and pull the old filter out, push the new filter in, and twist it to lock.
They claim it only takes 3 seconds to replace each filter!
As for filter replacement (see below for links to replacement filters):
- The pre-sediment filter should be replaced once every 6 months and is very reasonably priced
- The carbon post filter should be replaced once every year and is very reasonably priced
- The reverse osmosis membrane should be replaced only once every two years
Finally, this system does require power to operate, so be sure you have a standard 110V outlet available.
Here are pictures from our test installation. Click on any image to view larger with captions.
35% OFF lowest price plus FREE SHIPPING and 30 DAYS RETURN with promo code EASTER35 at Rug Source!
RugSource.com is the largest online resource of floor rugs!
The Waterdrop G3 is a very efficient system since it creates only about 1 gallon of waste water for every gallon of pure water produced (1:1 ratio).
This amount of water waste can vary depending on the pressure of the water entering the system. The higher the input pressure, the less water wasted. Wastewater is created because reverse osmosis systems use pre-filtered water to clean the filter membranes.
However, the integrated pump included with the Waterdrop increases the pressure and helps to both reduce waste and increase efficiency.
It’s clear that Waterdrop takes the RO filtration process very seriously and engineers great products!
Ease of Installation
The Waterdrop G3 system is designed to be installed by anyone with rudimentary DIY skills. A professional plumber is not needed for installation.
In fact, of all of the systems we have tested, the Waterdrop G3 system is THE EASIEST system to install and maintain!
The only potentially difficult part of the whole installation is drilling a hole in the sink or countertop for the filtered water faucet. This may not be necessary if a hole already exists for a hand sprayer, soap dispenser, or is available with a blank cover.
While this is a very complete system, check out our list of the best reverse osmosis accessories for some items to consider with your new reverse osmosis system.
The full instructions and owner’s manual cover how to install the system and Waterdrop recommends watching their installation video on YouTube.
Waterdrop G3 Pros
- Tankless design is easier to install
- Easy filter design – you can’t mess up the filter installation
- Integrated feedback systems let you know the status of filters and your water
- 400 gallons of pure water output per day
- Integrated pump increases efficiency and decreases waste
- NSF/ANSI 58 certified for TDS Reduction (one of the only RO systems to offer this certification!)
Grow your vegetables inside!
Waterdrop G3 Cons
- More expensive than many competing systems
- Flow from faucet is not the fastest but very good
- A connection to the refrigerator will provide lower water pressure than what you are used to. Competing systems with a pressurized storage tank are better for ice makers.
Visit our reviews of the best undersink reverse osmosis systems to compare the Waterdrop G3 with the competition.
The Waterdrop G3 is definitely worth looking at.
While the price is on the higher end, it also has some of the most high-tech features we’ve seen. It saves you space under the sink and makes installation and maintenance super simple.
It is highly rated and growing in popularity because it:
- Wastes very little water
- Has VERY high daily output
- Includes a pump, leak detector, and real-time TDS meter
- Smart faucet shows status of filters
- Has long filter life
- Is super easy to install and maintain
Finally, Waterdrop is providing free gifts with the purchase of this system!
Select either a refrigerator connection kit or water pitcher to keep in the fridge when you register your Waterdrop filter system.
Waterdrop G2 P600 Reverse Osmosis System
Waterdrop makes a smaller RO system called the G2 Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System.
It is meant for smaller homes or people not interested in all of the extras, but is still shares some of the great features of the larger G3.
Here are some of the key features:
- Two composite filters only need to be replaced every year (CF filter) or two years (MRO filter)
- Tankless design ensures the safety of your drinking water and saves over 70% under-sink storage space
- Fast water flow rate of 600 GPD, saving over 60% of water and resulting in a 2:1 filtered/waste water ratio (TWICE as efficient as the larger G3 system).
- Composite integrated filters result in more effective filtration.
- The advanced integrated design of the electrical and water circuits reduces leakage.
- Costs almost 50% less than the larger G3 RO system
Waterdrop G2 P600 Pros
- 600 gallons of pure water output per day at a faster flow rate and with less waste – one of the most efficient RO systems available
- Easy installation
- Easy filter design – you can’t mess up the filter installation
- Only two long-lasting filters to replace
- Integrated pump increases efficiency and decreases waste
- Cheaper than the G3 and similar in price to competing systems
Waterdrop G2 P600 Cons
- No smart faucet with LED or integrated TDS reading that make the bigger G3 system so unique.
- 5 stages of filtration vs 7 for the G3
- No integrated water leak detector. Hopefully you never need it, but nice to have!
- Like the G3, no tank and a delay for the internal pump to turn on means that there is very little water pressure if you wanted to run filtered water to your refrigerator or ice maker.
The Waterdrop G2 P600 is a great system if you are looking for something simple, compact, and easy to maintain.
The faucet has to be installed but the rest of the setup is plug and play.
If you don’t need a refrigerator connection and just want a simple, powerful, 5-stage reverse osmosis water filter, than the Waterdrop G2 P600 is worth checking out.
There is an older Waterdrop G2 model that is nearly identical to the G2 P600 but only processes 400 GPD. For just a little more money, we think the newer Waterdrop G2 P600 is worth it for the extra efficiency and less waste water.
You may also be interested in:
Our top rated accessories for this or any other RO system will help you customize your installation!
Waterdrop G3 RO Replacement filters
You can refer back here to order replacement filters as necessary. It may help to order your first pre-sediment filter now so you are ready in six months.
The Waterdrop G3 system will show a yellow light on the both the front panel of the system and on the faucet when a filter is nearing its end of life. That is the time to come back here and order the necessary replacement filter.
When the light for that filter and on the faucet turns red, it is time to install the new filter.
- The pre-sediment (CF) filter should be replaced once every 6 months
- The carbon post (CB) filter should be replaced once every year
- The reverse osmosis membrane (RO) should be replaced only once every two years
Waterdrop G2 RO Replacement filters
The smaller Waterdrop G2 system will show a yellow light on the system face when a filter is nearing its end of life. That is the time to come back here and order the necessary replacement filter.
When the light for that filter turns red on the system, it is time to install the new filter.
- The CF composite pre-sediment and carbon block filter should be replaced about once per year
- The MRO composite filter with sediment membrane, carbon block, and reverse osmosis membrane should be replaced once every 2 years
Waterdrop MNR Filter
Add remineralization to ANY RO System!
Many of our most popular recommended RO systems come with a remineralization stage that people really like. However, most RO systems do not come with this additional stage.
Remineralization replaces many of the natural “spring water” minerals that are removed by the RO process back to filtered water.
The Waterdrop MNR filter adds 18 natural materials including calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, back to your filtered water and can be installed with ANY water filtration system (not just those from the Waterdrop brand).
According to studies, drinking mineral water will, in the long run, help prevent chronic diseases, slow down aging process, and improve both digestion and immunity.
It is super simple to cut the 1/4″ water tube between ANY RO system and its filtered water faucet to add the Waterdrop MNR remineralization stage.