Overview of the Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection
Our #2 pick for most people (and #1 if you have a well or natural water source) is the Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection Reverse Osmosis system.
If you don’t to want waste time comparing options and just want to be sure you are covered in every water source situation, then the Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection is the best reverse osmosis system for you. It comes complete with every major feature and every possible filter – 9 stages in all!
The Home Master TMHP includes a permeate pump, which increases the output of the system to 75 gallons per day and reduces the amount of waste water needed to flush the membrane to just 1 gallon for every gallon of purified water produced.
It is an alkaline water filter that adds safe minerals back into the water and raises the pH to be more alkaline (called remineralization). This creates a fresher tasting mineral water.
The system also has a UV (ultraviolet) light that will kill 99.8% of microorganisms that may contaminate your water. Municipal water sources are usually low in microorganisms but well water and other natural sources can have higher levels. UV filters are highly recommended in situations with natural water sources. Keep in mind that a UV filter requires a standard 110V power outlet.
The TMHP is rated for about 75 gallons of purified water per day and in addition to an upgraded faucet, the system now uses a larger 3/8” diameter tubing. This larger bore tubing helps increase the flow rates and the speed at which the purified water reaches the faucet.
Filtration System Design
The Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection system has a modular filter design that makes changing filter elements easier. Each of the filters is contained in its own housing, which is changed out with the filter. This solves a problem that can occur in systems that keep the same housing since some of the debris that had been removed by the filter can remain in the housing. This reduces the life of the filter and could damage the housing.
There is also no need for any tools when replacing the filters – you simply pull the old filter out and push the new filter in. Filter change instructions, which should be carried out at least annually, can be found on the Home Master web site.
The Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection is one of the most efficient systems you can find as it creates only about 1 gallon of waste water for every gallon of pure water produced (1:1 ratio).
This amount of water waste can vary depending on the pressure of the water entering the system. The higher the input pressure, the less water wasted. The waste is created because RO systems use pre-filtered water to clean the filter membranes.
However, the permeate pump included with this system increases the pressure and helps to both reduce waste and increase efficiency.
Ease of Installation
The Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection system is designed to be installed by anyone with rudimentary DIY skills. A professional plumber is not needed to install this kit.
The only potentially difficult part of the whole installation is drilling a hole in the sink top for the pure water faucet. This may not be necessary if a hole already exists for a hand sprayer, soap dispenser, or is available with a blank cover.
The full installation instructions and owner’s manual (found here) covers how to connect the feed pipes and drainage pipes over 7 pages and Home Master has made a series of 6 videos that show an installation. For many, it is easier to watch these videos before attempting the installation. It is well worth spending the time to watch the videos, as they clarify some the of instructions in the manual.
- Video 1 – Introduction
- Video 2 – Faucet installation
- Video 3 – Fitting the feed water adaptor
- Video 4 – Fitting the drain saddle
The installation of the permeate pump is not included in the video instructions, so check out section 3a of the instruction manual for details.
- Video 5 – Mounting the RO unit
Take note of the need to have enough room to remove the unit for annual maintenance.
- Video 6 – Final assembly and starting the unit up
The videos do not include instructions for the UV unit, so see section 8 of the instruction manual for details. Also keep in mind that the UV unit requires a 110V outlet available under the sink, which you are likely to have if you already have a dishwasher or garbage disposal.
Check out our list of the best reverse osmosis accessories for some items to consider with your new reverse osmosis system.
Home Master TMHP Pros
- 75 gallons of pure water output per day
- “Full Contact Technology” alkaline water filter to remineralize water for better taste and a raise pH to a neutral value
- Permeate pump increases efficiency and decreases waste
- Very low 1:1 ratio of waste water to filtered water
- UV Filter stage destroys 99.8% of all bacteria and microorganisms
- Removes up to 98% of dissolved solids, chemicals & metals – click this link for details
- Modular filter design – filter and filter container are one, pull-out/push-in unit
- 2x filter life of competitors – 2,000 gallons or 1 year
- Designed for DIY installation within about 1 hour
- 4-gallon pre-pressurized water storage tank
- Chrome faucet
- 5 year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Made in the USA
Home Master TMHP Cons
- More expensive system than many we recommend but worth it
- UV light requires a 110V outlet, which may not be available under all sinks
Visit our reviews of the best undersink reverse osmosis systems to compare the Home Master TMHP with the competition.
The Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection reverse osmosis filter system scored second highest of all systems in the RO-system.org ranking algorithm.
It is a popular and highly-rated system because it:
- Wastes very little water
- Includes the permeate pump
- Remineralizes the water
- Destroys microorganisms
- Has the longest filter life
- Is easy to maintain
- Has the longest warranty
If you want to be absolutely sure that you have the safest, cleanest, and best-tasting water, then this system is worth it!
There is also a number of upgrades available to this system that are worth checking out:
- Faucets in more than dozen different finishes and styles
- A refrigerator connection kit
- An upgraded Dow Filmtec High Hardness RO membrane (75 GPD)
- Antimicrobial tubing for even more water safety
- Larger pressurized water storage tanks for people who need large amounts of water quickly
You may also be interested in:
Our top rated accessories for this or any other RO system will help you customize your installation!
Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection Replacement filters
You can refer back here to order replacement filters as necessary. It may help to order your first replacement filter set now so you are ready next year.