Waterdrop makes a smaller system called the G2 Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System.
It is meant for smaller homes that filter less water, but is still shares some of the great features of the larger G3 system (one of our top picks).
Here are some of the key features:
- Two composite filters only need to be replaced every year (CF filter) or two years (MRO filter)
- Tankless design ensures the safety of your drinking water and saves over 70% under-sink storage space
- Fast water flow rate of 600 GPD with an efficient 2:1 drain ratio.
- Composite integrated filters result in more effective filtration.
- The advanced integrated design of the electrical and water circuits reduces leakage.
- Costs almost 50% less than the larger G3 RO system
Waterdrop G2 Pros
- 600 gallons of pure water output per day at a faster flow rate and with less waste – one of the most efficient RO systems available
- Easiest installation of any RO system
- Easy filter design – you can’t mess up the filter installation
- Only two long-lasting filters to replace
- Integrated pump increases efficiency and decreases waste
- Cheaper than the G3 and similar in price to competing systems
Waterdrop G2 Cons
- No smart faucet with LED or integrated TDS reading
- 5 stages of filtration
- No integrated water leak detector. Hopefully you never need it, but nice to have!
- Like other tankless RO systems, no tank and a delay for the internal pump to turn on means that there is very little water pressure if you wanted to run filtered water to your refrigerator or ice maker.
The Waterdrop G2 P600 is a great system if you are looking for something simple, compact, and easy to maintain.
The faucet has to be installed but the rest of the setup is plug and play.
If you don’t need a refrigerator connection and just want a simple, powerful, 5-stage reverse osmosis water filter, than the Waterdrop G2 is worth checking out.
For more filtration stages, more throughput, and more features, check out the larger Waterdrop G3 P600 and Waterdrop G3 P800.
There is an older Waterdrop G2 model that is nearly identical to the G2 P600 but only processes 400 GPD. For just a little more money, we think the newer Waterdrop G2 P600 is worth it for the extra efficiency and less waste water.
Get this system with a remineralization filter for just a little bit more! Learn more.
You may also be interested in:
Our top rated accessories for this or any other RO system will help you customize your installation!
Waterdrop G2 P600 RO Replacement filters
The smaller Waterdrop G2 system will show a yellow light on the system face when a filter is nearing its end of life. That is the time to come back here and order the necessary replacement filter.
When the light for that filter turns red on the system, it is time to install the new filter.
- The CF composite pre-sediment and carbon block filter should be replaced about once per year
- The MRO composite filter with sediment membrane, carbon block, and reverse osmosis membrane should be replaced once every 2 years